Select a question to reveal its answer or go back to choose a different topic.
FAQs on Personal Accident Insurance
    If there are changes to my life profile, must I inform my insurance company?
      Yes, you are required to inform your insurance company should there be changes regarding your address, occupation and personal pursuits which would affect your risk profile.
    Must I inform my insurance company about other insurance policies that I take?
      Yes, you must inform your insurance company of any other insurance policies against accident or incapacity, except for a motor insurance policy.

    My friend was covered under a PA policy. He had a fatal accident while riding a motorcycle but the insurance company repudiated the death claim. Why?
      Your friend may have taken the standard PA policy which excludes death or injury while operating or riding a two-wheel motor vehicle. However, by paying additional premiums, policy owners can extend their policy coverage to include the policy exclusions.

    A claim was made for total and permanent disability (TPD) but was repudiated by the insurance company on the ground that the claimant could still work. What is the definition of TPD?
      Under a PA policy, TPD is defined as a disability which prevents the insured from performing any work, occupation or profession. The insurer may have repudiated the claim because there is no evidence that the disability has prevented the insured from performing any type of work at all.
Related Information

Personal accident
What Else Can I Do?

Email this to a friend

Bookmark this page

Give us your feedback